27 March 2012

Some Kinda Gorgeous

As some of you that follow me and my blog probably know, I am one of my close friend’s bridesmaids and the wedding is to take place this Saturday. So like any girl who knows she is going to be photographed a lot that day, I thought I best get some lovely make up to ensure that I was looking picture perfect!

A few people had told me about Benefits Some kinda gorgeous foundation – I had heard mixed reviews but seeing as asos had 25% discount and next day delivery I thought I would order it and give it a go. My skin is fairly light so I match colours to my skin easily. It arrived the next day and what’s lovely about all Benefit make up is the packaging, It makes me want to keep the boxes!! (which I don’t, just for the record – I don’t hoard Benefit boxes in my cupboards)

So I tried the make up as soon as I got my freshly manicured hands on it. My first thought was that the smell was quite plastic but the packaging and compact case made me forget this fairly quickly, It also comes with a sponge which is lovely and soft, not hard like some foundation sponges.
I applied the foundation to my face and I just knew I wasn’t going to get on well with this at all, It just didn’t cover my skin as I was hoping and I was left feeling very disappointed. It made me skin very dry and didn’t even attempt to cover any blemishes. The blurb on the back goes a little like this – ‘Some kinda gorgeous foundation by Benefit. Featuring an oil free cream-to-powder finish, the foundation offers a sheer cover which can be layered with the sponge applicator to correct uneven skin tone and discoloration’ I agree that’s its very creamy but I struggle to agree with the rest which makes me sad.

I was really hoping this would be a star buy but I won’t be repurchasing- I might use it if I was on holiday and wanted something light and that didn’t cake my face, but I tend to like a thick coverage the hides my bad bits! Do let me know if you have used it and likes it... Maybe used with another product?

0 comments:

Post a Comment